Thursday 11 December 2014

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 Episode 10 - What they become review

It's a week of mid-season finales, so let's dig into Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and see exactly how the circumstances play out



Episode 10 – What they become

Wow! That's all I've really got to say about this episode, it did not let up, not for an instant, and the fact that we're not coming back until March to this makes the final moments all the more gut-wrenching.

I mean seriously wow. So let's have a look at the plot. HYDRA wants to enter the alien city, and S.H.I.E.L.D. have to stop them, all whilst also rescuing Skye from the Doctor, (whose real name is apparently Cal, cute Marvel) and trying to rescue Mack, who is still alive it seems and possessed by the alien city. But what is the true purpose of the obelisk?

I don't think I'm going to spoil any more of the plot, it’s too awesome for you not to go out and watch for yourself. I'll just highlight key moments
  • Skye confronts her father
  • Skye shoots Ward
  • Kal finally betrays HYDRA
  • Ward and Agent 33 in either of their scenes
  • That ending (oh no, not Triplett, not the only under-developed character from the show)
  • Fitz today was starting to feel a bit more like his former self, whilst there are still obstacles for him to overcome, it's nice to see him out in the field again.
  • Coulson fights Cal
  • Coulson fights Mack (round 2)
OK, you get the idea. Congratulations, you've proved that more serialised storytelling has improved the show ten-fold, thus proving that Jeph Loeb is full of sh*t on this subject (he's responsible for TV in general, and the animated Marvel shows, all of which I hate to some degree)

Rating 9.7/10

For more reviews click here

Images used in this review are from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and belong to their respective owners. All images in this review are subject to fair use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, whether you agree or disagree with my opinions, and you're perfectly welcome to. Please be considerate