Sunday 14 December 2014

Constantine Episode 8 - The Saint of Last Resorts (part 1) review

Welcome to my next, and sadly also my last Constantine review - I have enjoyed the show, but it's content is somewhat above my head, and it's notoriously difficult for me to review. It's also where the show takes its mid-season break, so...


Episode 8 – The Saint of Last Resorts (part 1)

OK, this is the 2-parter. Although it does expand on seeds planted in the previous episode

So, synopsis babies have been snatched from a church by a demon who works for another unheard of demon (Brujera apparent) whose kind are responsible for the rising darkness.

This is going over my head… I’m great with comic book lore, but this stuff is a tad over-complicated for my tastes.

Also, Zed gets a visit from her… father? The house tries to protect her and she’s knocked out. Constantine and Sister Anne-Marie, an old friend who was at the Newcastle event, are trying to rescue the children, but are pursued by a Brujera. Constantine is shot so that the Brujera would go after him and not the children.

Yeah, I’m struggling here. The show is decent, but I’m not sure I’m going to be able to continue reviewing it. I apologise to those who do routinely read these (and looking at the figures, it’s not many) but I will cease reviewing this show from here.

Rating 8/10

For more reviews click here

Images used in this review are from Constantine and belong to their respective owners. All images in this review are subject to fair use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, whether you agree or disagree with my opinions, and you're perfectly welcome to. Please be considerate